Rabu, Maret 17, 2010

How to make cross tab query in MySQL (database management)

As I wrote a script to display cross tab data (for my personal need), I searched for effective methods to get the job done. I came across many techniques that can be used to workout exactly the same job (Cross-tab). However, the simplest technique to do the job is using statement “SELECT DISTINCTROW”.


SELECT DISTINCTROW [FieldName], count([FieldName]) FROM [TableName] Group By [FieldName]

Example
SELECT DISTINCTROW stbayar , count(stbayar) as Jumlah
FROM pengunjung
GROUP BY stbayar
ORDER BY jumlah DESC

this will return

stbayar Jumlah
U 7216
J 5742
A 2987
P 1755
N 242
K 225
L 6

you might want to create your own tricks, please let me know if they work !

Keep sharing on the spirit of UBUNTU

0 comments:

Posting Komentar

Write your comment here